Hey Hey! Is this a Typical Macintosh SE M5011? Need Someone More Experienced Than I, Please!! :)

rgb360
1 MB
Hey Hey! Is this a Typical Macintosh SE M5011? Need Someone More Experienced Than I, Please!! :)

Post by rgb360 » June 27th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Hey everybody!
I'm new to the forum, and quite honestly not the most experienced in all things Vintage Apple. So excuse my lack-of knowledge!
My family owned a Computer Refurbishing / Recycling Center, and we used to get & sell a lot of vintage PC's and Macs on eBay -
But we had this one laying around after we closed the business, which we had originally deemed to not be valuable - at all (Which
Seems silly as they do sell on eBay often, even for $125+...So I don't know why we didn't sell it) But anyway -

I've come to learn that the Macintosh SE line has the engraved signatures on each model on the Inside wall - which seems pretty typical.
But I'm unsure from my web searches as to a truthful answer if this effects the value of this machine at all. Or if every model SE contained all signatures. It works & is overall really clean w/ a ImageWriter II, and appears to have all of the signatures, including Steve Jobs. But...Again....Does that mean anything?

It's a Model No: M5011 (1 Mbyte RAM, 800K Drive, 20SC Hard Disk)
But on the inside wall, near the signatures there was an Apple Model # there too that Read "815-0960-C8"
Things in Question.jpg
I can find other models online that were sold that were C2, or I believe other combinations but I'm having the HARDEST time
finding if the C8 refers to a specific Unit or Build, or if it's just a generic M5011 Macintosh SE -

I imagine this is a common question, so again Excuse my Lack of knowledge. But I didn't want to list the unit for the wrong price, if it was anything specific or special. I imagine, it's just the typical Unit that others may have - but I figured coming here to a Vintage Mac Forum
I would probably have a good group of people here that know what they're talking about.

I hope all of that makes sense! I attached photos and everything so maybe that will make things easier.
If it is Valuable, or If it's not - I'm also curious if you know how much I may be able to sell the pair for!

Thank you All Who Read this or try to help!

Robert
Attachments
IMG_8573.jpg
IMG_8574.jpg
IMG_8577.jpg
IMG_8579.jpg
IMG_8586.jpg
IMG_8588.jpg
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Hey Hey! Is this a Typical Macintosh SE M5011? Need Someone More Experienced Than I, Please!! :)

Post by Turboladdade » June 29th, 2020, 12:51 pm

The signatures were present in some form through all the original classic Macs until the early 90s, although fewer and fewer as time went on and more features were added/changed.

A completely working SE with an internal hard drive and software already loaded should still fetch a good price on eBay. It looks to be in great condition, hardly yellowing or dirt/grime!
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.